CORRUPTION RISK MAPPING IN NIGERIA TERMS OF REFERENCE FOR CORRUPTION RISK MAPPING
Call for Proposal
CIPE is accepting proposals from think tanks or independent consultants who will conduct the research and develop a Corruption Risk Mapping (CRM) report to identify and map corruption risks within the Nigerian private sector. The goal is to identify and map corruption risks and patterns within the Nigerian private sector, and to develop recommendations for mitigating the risks.
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy and is an affiliate of the US Chamber of Commerce. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and civil society to build the institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include enterprise ecosystems, democratic governance, business advocacy, anti-corruption & ethics, and trade.
To map the risks of corruption to businesses operating in Nigeria across multiple sectors as well as in various aspects of business operations. The CRM will provide useful data to help businesses identify and evaluate their corruption risks and provide practical measures and guidance about how to mitigate corruption in business operations.
– Present baseline on the status of corruption in the private sector operating environment in Nigeria
– Identify risks and compliance challenges confronting the private sector.
Scope of Work
The overall purpose of the consultancy is to develop the corruption risk mapping methodology and implement it, gather data from primary and secondary sources, and analyze and generate the CRM report that will include recommendations of measures to mitigate and reinforce systems of accountability and integrity.
Conduct a corruption risk mapping of the business (particularly the MSMEs) operating environment in multiple sectors in Nigeria. This will also include surveys, focus group discussions in selected sectors, and key informant interviews with private sector stakeholders and policymakers, in consultation with the project team.
· An in-depth assessment of the risks and compliance challenges facing the private and public sectors.
· Develop policy recommendations to mitigate the identified challenges.
· Present the findings of the study to the project team, peer reviewers and key stakeholders for validation.
· Inception report with details on the approach to the assignment including the detailed methodology, approach, work plan, and draft study instruments.
· Reports from the FGD and KII with key highlights on the CRM.
· Draft CRM report for validation by Organized Private Sector, CIPE & other stakeholders.
· Final CRM report, with policy briefs.
· Project report.
7. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
· An advanced degree in relevant disciplines including but not limited to law, development studies, social
sciences, or any other degree relevant to the assignment.
· Up to 6 years of work experience in anti-corruption, international development, research, behavioral economics or relevant fields.
· Candidates/firms should be able to demonstrate experience completing similar assignments.
· Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills and presentation.
· Knowledge of existing research and data analysis tools.
· Experience working with private sector organizations will be a plus.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as stakeholder management.
· Excellent drafting, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Please send a statement of interest in the format of a proposal outlining relevant experience and methodology via email to the following contact Here with the email title “Corruption Risk Mapping Proposal”. All applications should be received by 5PM local time on July 14, 2023. The proposal should layout:
– A technical approach including a methodology for data collection and analysis, methods and key activities for data collection, proposed benchmarks for measuring and mapping risk, and timelines for implementation.
– Detailed budget in Naira
– Two Samples of similar work products, research reports or deliverables developed recently (in the past
– A list of three references that include name, email, and telephone information
P.S Note that this proposal is open for a joint partnership where two or three persons can send in a proposal or individual response to the call.